Further notices concerning trading with us.
Customers should note that, other than in highly exceptional circumstances, we will only accept payments into accounts held with us from the account holder. Similarly, all payments out of an account held with us must go back to the account holder.
United States customers
Under existing US legislation, we are unable to enter into margin trading transactions with US residents.
US customers are defined as:
- any natural person resident in the US (other than on a short-term basis); or
- a corporation or partnership incorporated or organised in the US, but excluding an offshore branch or agency of a US person that operates for valid business reasons and is engaged and regulated as an insurance company or bank; or
- a branch or agency of a foreign entity located in the US; or
- a trust of which the trustee is a US person, unless a non-US person has or shares investment discretion; or
- an estate of which a US person is the executor or administrator, unless the estate is governed by foreign law and a non-US person has or shares investment discretion; or
- any account held for the benefit of a US person.
If you wish to transact or otherwise deal with us outside European business hours, our offer to enter into a CFD with you may be issued by persons in Australia who are employees of our Australian subsidiary IG Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 096 585 410).
If this happens:
- The offer to enter into the CFD and any other financial services provided to you by employees of IG Australia will be regulated by the relevant UK laws;
- IG Markets and IG Australia are exempt from the requirement to give you a Product Disclosure Statement in respect of the offer to enter the CFD and the subsequent issue of CFD pursuant to the offer;
- IG Markets will take responsibility, and be liable, for all conduct of IG Australia and employees of IG Australia, whether or not that conduct is within the scope of the authorisation given by IG Markets to IG Australia;
- IG Markets will be exempt from the requirement to maintain membership to an Australian external dispute resolution scheme that covers complaints from you about financial services provided in Australian by either IG Markets or IG Australia;
- The regulatory system and the compensation arrangements that apply to IG Australia and its employees when providing services to you may be different from the regulatory system and compensation arrangements that apply to IG Markets in the United Kingdom;
- The charges, remuneration and commission receivable by IG Markets will not differ because of your involvement with IG Australia. The applicable charges, remuneration and commission are set out in the customer agreement between IG Markets and you and such other documents that we may direct you to.
For your information, IG Australia's registered address is: IG Markets Ltd, Level 7, 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia. IG Australia is an authorised representative of IG Markets, such relationship being registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (Authorised Rep No 222717).
Please note that information on this page is intended as a guide only. For full details of your contract with us please see the customer agreement.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.