House prices contract details
We offer trades on the average house price for the UK as a whole, based on the Halifax house price survey.
1. For all UK house price trades, the nearest four quarter months (from March, June, September and December, depending on when in the year you place your trade) will be available. Our last dealing times and dates for each expiry are detailed below, and are also available on our trading platform.
2. All quotes will be expressed in £1000s, rounded to one decimal place. Dealing spreads vary according to the market and the date of contract expiry as follows:
a) Next expiring quarter: 2 points.
b) Second expiring quarter (from date of trade): 2.2 points
c) Third expiring quarter: 2.5 points
d) Fourth expiring quarter: 2.8 points
3. Limited risk premiums are available on our UK house prices trades. You can place a guaranteed stop on your trade for an additional 0.5 point premium on either side. This is a flat premium charge, regardless of when your trade is set to expire.
4. The margin requirement for all UK house price trades is 5% of the level at which your trade is placed.
5. The minimum trade size is 1 lot, which is equivalent to £10 per point.
6. Dealing hours are from Monday to Friday, 8am-9pm.
7. The last dealing day is the last UK business day of the contract month/quarter.
8. Trades are settled on the basis of the Standardised Average House Price (seasonally adjusted) for the UK for the contract month.
9. Settlements will be expressed in £1000s and will be rounded to one decimal place. Settlements will be based on the first published price and will not be adjusted to reflect any further revisions, unless we deem there to have been a material error.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.