We are the UK's number-one provider of Contracts for Difference (CFDs).* We are committed to providing quality service
and transparent trading.
We are owned by IG Group Holdings plc:
We are listed on the
London Stock Exchange
- We are a member of the FTSE 250
- We execute millions of transactions every month for over 140,000 clients worldwide
- We are headquartered in London and have offices in 14 countries across five continents
We protect all individual client funds.
We place client money in segregated bank accounts so that your funds are returned, in the event our financial circumstances change.
Our client money protection page provides full details if you would like more information.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, register number 195355.
Each year independent research agency, Investment Trends, surveys traders for its comprehensive report on CFD providers.
The latest report places us as the number-one CFD provider in the UK.*
We ranked highly for customer service, trading platform reliability and mobile apps.
See our market leader page for more details.
We are part of IG Group. The group's first company, IG Index, was founded in 1974 and is the world’s largest and longest running financial spread betting company.
- IG Index is founded.
- IG Markets is launched, specialising in financial derivatives, primarily Contracts for Difference (CFDs).
- We become Australia's first CFD provider.
- We introduce binaries to our product range.
- We open offices in Germany and Singapore.
- We launch our award-winning trading platform and expand into the US, Spain and France.
- Our first iPhone trading platform is released. We launch trailing stops and introduce dealing-from-charts functionality to our trading platform. We open our Italian office.
- We open offices in Sweden and Luxembourg.
- We're named Best CFD Provider by Shares Magazine. Confirmed as the UK's number-one CFD provider by Investment Trends.* We open new offices in Portugal and South Africa.
- We unveil our partnership with British cycling squad, Team Sky. Acknowledged as Best CFD Provider for a second year by Shares Magazine, and named the UK's number-one CFD provider by Investment Trends.*
- We launch our insight, news and analysis centre.
* Investment Trends Leveraged Trading Report (November 2012)
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.